Job Description and Benefits
Gain valuable experience through our voluntary role.
We offer work experience opportunities to be part of a team responsible for the delivery of a high-quality, school-holiday, Kings Camps experience, ensuring children aged 5 to 17 are active, having fun and learning together.
Work experience with us is perfect if you’re looking to boost your CV, get your foot on the sports coaching or childcare ladder, or as part of your university or college course. If you’re not yet 18, you can attend Kings Camps as part of our Rookie Academy. Many of our Rookie Academy graduates undertake work experience with us before a paid coaching role. Find out more here.
About the Role
You’ll be shadowing our coaching team, and gaining practical experience learning about sports coaching techniques, child supervision, behaviour management, wellbeing and health and safety – all critical skills for a career in education and sports coaching.
Work experience is a minimum of 2 weeks, and with locations across the UK we can accommodate work experience in your home or study city.
Working with Kings Camps during the holidays offers you more than just a job, the benefits listed below will last throughout your career:
- High quality, enjoyable and worthwhile experience
- Career development and the potential of regular employment with Kings
- Experience the joy of developing others in leadership, communication, coaching and working with children
- Enjoy delivering market-leading activity programmes
- Work in first class facilities and locations – the best universities and schools in the UK
- Benefit from a proven training and onboarding process
- Make a difference to the lives of children from a variety of backgrounds – you’ll be contributing to the health of the nation
Location & Times
Locations: Over 50 Schools and Universities, covering England, Scotland and Wales
Dates: Easter, Summer and Half Term School Holidays.
What are you waiting for, apply now to start your Kings Career.
We’re committed to safer recruitment
Safer recruitment is central to the way we work and all staff and volunteers are expected to share our commitment to safeguarding. To create an environment where young people feel safe and can thrive, our staff selection process includes:
- A video interview (approx 40 mins) which covers suitability, experience and skills
- Seeking at least 2 professional references
- An enhanced disclosure with barred list check (or equivalent for Scottish Residents)
- Ongoing training and performance evaluations with structured support from your Manager
Find your perfect role!
Roles Available at Kings Camps