Job Description and Benefits
Lead Coaches are part of a team responsible for the delivery of a high-quality, school-holiday, Kings Camps experience, ensuring children aged 5 to 17 are active, having fun and learning together.
About the Role
The Lead Coach is a key role on our larger sites within our Management Team. The Lead Coach is an additional person in our usual team structure and is responsible for the activity programme and timetable, mentoring less experienced coaches to plan and deliver activity sessions that get children active, having fun and learning together.
Lead Coaches help with registration, welcome talks, whole-camp warm-ups and extended hours activities, and they are the point person for programme features including Wet Wednesday, Coach Challenge, Kings Games, Star of the Day and the Rookie Academy.
Child safety is our number one priority, and the welfare of children is paramount. Supervision responsibilities include lunch, morning and afternoon breaks, implementing our behaviour management policy, overseeing the use of equipment and upholding health and safety standards and procedures.
Person Specification (Ideal, but with some flexibility)
We’re looking for high-energy, confident and fun individuals who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Availability between 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday, during the school holidays, for the duration of shorter seasons, and a minimum of 3 consecutive weeks during summer season
- At least 6 months’ experience of working with children aged 5 – 17 years
- At least 6 months’ experience in a management or leadership position
- Hold or working towards a childcare, sport or teaching related degree (or relevant qualification)
- Hold or willing to attend training for a valid Paediatric First Aid Qualification
- Knowledge and experience of Child Protection, Safeguarding and Health and Safety
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate
- Organised and able to follow policy and procedure
- Vibrant, resilient, team player
- Flexible and adaptable
Working with Kings Camps during the school-holidays offers you pay, high-quality employment and valuable experience.
- Weekly pay rate: £370 to £515 per week (depending upon experience)
- High quality, enjoyable and worthwhile experience
- Career development and the potential of regular employment with Kings
- Experience the joy of developing others in leadership, communication, coaching and working with children
- Enjoy delivering market-leading activity programmes
- Work in first class facilities and locations – the best universities and schools in the UK
- Benefit from a proven training and onboarding process
- Make a difference to the lives of children from a variety of backgrounds – you’ll be contributing to the health of the nation
Locations and dates
Locations: Click here for a list of locations and dates – we operate at over 50 Schools and Universities, covering England, Scotland and Wales
Dates: Easter, Summer and Half Term School Holidays.
We’re committed to safer recruitment
Safer recruitment is central to the way we work and all staff and volunteers are expected to share our commitment to safeguarding. To create an environment where young people feel safe and can thrive, our staff selection process includes:
- A video interview (approx 40 mins) which covers suitability, experience and skills
- Seeking at least 2 professional references
- An enhanced disclosure with barred list check (or equivalent for Scottish Residents)
- Ongoing training and performance evaluations with structured support from your Manager
Find your perfect role!
Roles Available at Kings Camps