Key Stage 1 Activity Coaches are specifically responsible for a group of children that are under 8 years leading them in a range of activity sessions as part of our award-winning Multi-Active Programme. Activities include regular sports such as football, tennis and badminton, active games and team building activities. Activity sessions typically last between 30 – 45 minutes.
We promote Active-Coaching – high-energy, fun and inclusive activity sessions that get every child active and having fun.
Child safety is our number one priority and coaches need to ensure the welfare of the children in their group, during activity sessions, and during morning, lunch and afternoon breaks. We expect the safe use of equipment and adherence to our policies and procedures.
We’re looking for high-energy, confident and fun individuals who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Availability between 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday, during the school holidays, for the duration of shorter seasons, and a minimum of 3 consecutive weeks during summer season.
- There are also shorter hours and week opportunities and there’s some flexibility around work or study commitments.
- At least 6 months’ experience working with children from 5 – 17 years
- At least 3 months’ experience coaching a sport or active games
Level 2 or higher qualification in:
- Primary Teaching
- Sports Coaching
- Physical Education
- Paediatric First Aid (training opportunities are also available)
- Vibrant, resilient, team player
- Flexible and adaptable
Working with Kings Camps during the school-holidays offers you pay, high-quality employment and valuable experience.
- Weekly pay rate: £370 to £515 per week (depending upon experience)
- High quality, enjoyable and worthwhile experience
- Career development and the potential of regular employment with us
- Working in an experienced staff team of coaches and managers who provide a strong support network
- Experience the joy of developing others in leadership, communication, coaching and working with children
- Enjoy delivering market-leading activity programmes
- Work in first class facilities and locations – the best universities and schools in the UK
- Benefit from a proven training and onboarding process
- Make a difference to the lives of children from a variety of backgrounds – you’ll be contributing to the health of the nation
Locations: Over 50 Schools and Universities, in England, Scotland and Wales
Dates: Easter, Summer and Half Term School Holidays.
Click here for a list of locations and dates
You’ll need to be available between 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday, during the school holidays. We’re looking for Key Stage 1 coaches to be available for the full duration of shorter seasons, and in the summer (our busiest season) a minimum of 3 consecutive weeks.