Job Description and Benefits
Reporting to the Camp Manager, the Football Coach is responsible for planning and delivering our Football Kings programme which takes place each morning of camp. The programme combines a range of football skills and fun games for 5 – 10 year olds in an intense week of Kings Camps.
Football Coaches are responsible for coaching and looking after a group of up to 20 children, delivering high energy, fun and inclusive sessions that ensure every child is engaged and makes progress, regardless of their ability.
Activities can include anything from defending, possession, control, set pieces and shooting, resulting in an end of week match to demonstrate skills learned. Each session is typically (depending on age) between 30 and 60 minutes long.
About the role
Locations: Over 50 Schools and Universities, covering England, Scotland and Wales
Dates: Easter, Summer and Half Term School Holidays
Child safety is our number one priority, so coaches need to ensure that the welfare of children is paramount at all times, supervising children during their breaks, participating in sessions, overseeing the safe use of equipment, and promptly recording any incidents.
Popular programme weeks may require Assistant Football Coaches, so you’ll need to be able to work proactively and collaboratively as a team. You’ll also need to maintain professional relationships with children, parents and carers, communicating positively and providing feedback on a child’s progress on camp.
Our Red Tops are not expected to stand on the side lines, but to actively participate in delivery, showcasing skills, demonstrating good practice and most importantly… have fun!
Child numbers and needs to our members vary, but we’re looking for coaches to be fully available for Football Kings programme weeks (between 9.15 and 12.45pm, Monday to Friday). For those who want to commit to coaching for full days, we also have opportunities available for Bank Sports Coaches, giving you the opportunity to join the Multi-Active Programme in the afternoon of camp.
- A passion for working with children and/or young people
- At least 6 months’ consecutive experience working with 5 – 17 year olds
- Appropriate experience delivering football programmes or coaching football
- A real team player who’s happy to rotate duties and form positive relationships
- At times things change, so you’ll need to be flexible, with a willingness to adapt
- Leadership skills with a vibrant and confident personality
- Posses and able to document (a minimum) Level 1 Football qualification (ideally Level 2) through FA, SFA, UKCC etc
We’re committed to safer recruitment
Safer recruitment is central to the way we work and all staff and volunteers are expected to share our commitment to safeguarding. To create an environment where young people feel safe and can thrive, our staff selection process includes:
- A video interview (approx 40 mins) which covers suitability, experience and skills
- Seeking at least 2 professional references
- An enhanced disclosure with barred list check (or equivalent for Scottish Residents)
- Ongoing training and performance evaluations with structured support from your Manager
Find your perfect role!
Roles Available at Kings Camps