ACCOMMODATION AND TRAVEL
We know that working away from home is exciting but can also be daunting. Below you’ll find everything you need to know to be prepared for your time away.
So you’ve agreed to work away from home, this could be on a camp in a location away from your home area or you’ve signed up to work on one of our Military venues.
You’ve agreed to work at a Kings Camps located away from your home area
We will pay for:
- Travel – if driving, we will cover your mileage from your home address to the accommodation and back again at a rate of 20p per mile. Any other mileage whilst there, you will not be reimbursed for.
If you are getting the train or a bus, remember to use your rail card and before you book it, check with the Ops team.
- Accommodation – where possible we will arrange for you to stay in self-catered accommodation in a single ensuite room. We aim to provide free wifi and free parking where possible. Sometimes, you may find that you are accommodated in a hotel near the venue. Occasionally you will be asked to share a twin room with a member of your team (same sex only).
- Food – we will contribute a minimum of £7 per day towards food. You may want to top this up, or take extra snacks with you. We will make a payment into your bank account before camp starts. Where possible, we advise doing a weeks shop at the local supermarket.
To claim your travel expenses back, please click here to complete an expense form.
You’ve signed up to work on one of our Military Camps
We will pay for:
- Travel – as above. We may try to arrange for car-shares where possible, a member of the Ops team will contact you close to your departure day to discuss this.
- Accommodation – each Base is different, you will find more details regarding the base you are on below.
- Food – as above. Some Bases will allow you to eat in the ‘Mess’ with Military personel, where food is heavily subsidised. If eating on Base, please respect your surroundings and dress appropriately.